Every day brings me a little closer to my goal of losing 30 pounds. I’ve lost 21.5 pounds now and not stopping until I reach my goal. I am so happy that I finally figured out the food combinations that work for me – and what doesn’t work. Here’s the list of food that I have eliminated to burn fat to lose weight:
- All grains
- Limited dairy – I only eat a small amount of cheese
- No peanuts, pistachios, or legumes
- No soy or soy products
- No sugar or artificial sweeteners, except stevia
- No processed foods of any kind
When I say no grains, I mean none. I am not eating anything that could be made into a cereal – wheat, rye, barley, corn, rice, oatmeal, etc. This may not be permanent but I won’t go back to eating foods with gluten because of the Celiac Disease. I can tell my insides are healing because I don’t feel bloated after I eat, no gassiness or other issues.
I thought giving up sugar would be difficult. But I managed to ease myself out of the hold it held on me. At first, I was making low carb desserts to get me through the transition, using stevia as the sweetener. After about a month, I was able to give up the desserts. Now I eat a simple snack when I want something like a sweet treat – cashews and dates. Here’s how I make them:
- Take 1 cup of cashews and chop them up in a food processor. Set aside.
- Remove the pits from 9 dates and chop them up in a food processor until they look like a lump.
- Add the cashews to the dates in the processor and pulse them until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Using a small cookie scoop, make small cashew date balls. Refrigerate.
Once you are free of the sugar addiction – and I know I was addicted – this treat will be all the sweetness you need. I eat two for a snack and feel satisfied. As I get closer to my goal, I know I can’t afford to let up on the good nutritional habits I’ve developed. I’m never going back to being fat!